Compound butter is a great way to get flavor into a roast chicken. Here’s an Indian-inspired version
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- DO AHEAD: Butter can be made 5 days ahead. Wrap tightly and chill, or freeze up to 1 month.