Find turmeric at specialty, Asian, and health food grocers.
- 1 2” piece peeled turmeric
- 1 2” piece peeled ginger
- ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup (nectar)
- Sparkling water (for serving)
- Cayenne pepper (for serving)
- Pass turmeric, ginger, and lemon (with peel) through a juicer. Stir in agave syrup. (Alternatively, chop turmeric and ginger and purée in a blender with agave syrup, 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, and ⅓ cup water; strain.) Serve juice over ice, topped off with sparkling water and sprinkled with cayenne pepper.